To experience the maximum comfort and hair quality while wearing Simplicity Hair Extensions, follow these guidelines. See your hair stylist every 6 weeks, and book your appointment before leaving the salon.
Review our Simplicity Home Care Guide:
Your hair stylist will provide you with a complimentary Simplicity Home Care Guide that reviews the steps needed to maintain your Simplicity Extensions at home. Below you can toggle through these steps and you may also click here to download a copy of our Simplicity Home Care Guide for yourself.
- Prior to washing Simplicity Hair Extensions at home, detangle your new extensions and natural hair using the Simplicity Loop Brush or a wide tooth comb. Your hair should then be dampened and shampooed with a color safe, moisturizing shampoo. Beginning at the scalp, gently work shampoo in the hair in a downward direction. Carefully massage avoiding the attachment sites. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if necessary.
- A good quality conditioner is necessary to maintain Simplicity Extensions. Apply conditioner from the ends of the Simplicity Extensions upwards, always avoiding the attachment sites. Rinse thoroughly and follow this same application technique for leave-in conditioners, and detanglers.
- Use a soft towel to firmly blot (not rub) your natural hair and Simplicity Extensions. This will help absorb any excess water and prevent residual moisture. It is important to eliminate moisture, as it can build up and cause the attachment site to release prematurely.
- Purchase the Simplicity Loop Brush, which is perfect for keeping your hair extensions smooth and tangle free. The loops in this specially designed brush will not pull your extensions and will detangle your hair while preventing damage.
- Gently detangle all hair using a loop brush or wide tooth comb. Always begin at the ends and work upwards toward the attachment sites. It is a good idea to hold onto the attachment site of the section being detangled to avoid tugging. This step is very important in the daily up-keep of your extensions.
- The best way to keep your Simplicity Hair Extensions secure and silky, is to blow dry them with cool to warm air on a low blow setting. You should fully dry all hair in order to prevent residual moisture, which can damage the attachment sites.
- Once the natural hair and the Simplicity Extensions are dry, you may use thermal styling tools on a low to medium setting. Be very careful to never to touch a hot tool to the attachment sites. Thermal protection products are recommended for both Simplicity Extensions and natural hair to preserve their integrity.
- You may use styling products of your choice: hair spray, styling foam, gel, etc. may all be used on any area but the attachment sites. Shine serums and styling pomades should be applied sparingly and only towards the ends of Simplicity Extensions.
- NOTE: NEVER attempt to PERM, COLOR or CHEMICALLY RELAX Simplicity Hair Extensions.